French backpacker dies after being bitten by brown snake in Australia

A French backpacker has tragically died after reportedly being bitten by a snake whereas he was on a working vacation in Australia.

The 25-year-old man was working as an informal grain harvester — a seasonal job that usually consists of normal labour and grain sampling — in a small city within the Mallee area in northwestern Victoria.

He’s believed to have been bitten by a extremely venomous brown snake.

Emergency providers have been referred to as to a property in Nullawil on October 24 after the person was discovered unresponsive by a good friend.

He was flown to the Alfred Hospital in Melbourne some 300km away in a important situation, affected by cardiac arrest.

It’s understood the person’s life help was switched off two days later.

Wade Humphreys, who owns the Entry Grain web site in Nullawil the place the backpacker was employed on a working vacation visa, stated the person was discovered with puncture wounds on his ankle.

His loss of life was a “actual tragedy”, Mr Humphreys instructed the ABC. He stated it was unclear whether or not the person was bitten whereas working on the grain receival or elsewhere.

A Victoria Police spokesperson stated a report will likely be ready for the coroner. The person’s reason for loss of life has not but been decided.

A WorkSafe spokesperson stated the physique was conscious of the person’s loss of life.

“WorkSafe has been notified of the incident and inspectors will decide whether or not additional motion is required,” they stated.

A spokesperson for the French embassy stated it was conscious of the fatality however couldn’t remark additional.

The brown snake is likely one of the most venomous snakes on this planet. It’s thought of the deadliest snake in Australia, on condition that they’re chargeable for extra snake chew deaths than some other snake within the nation.

Nonetheless, snake chew fatalities are comparatively uncommon in Australia. About two individuals per 12 months die after being bitten by a snake.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *