Wolli Creek, NSW: Lithium-ion e-bike battery catches hearth, 30 evacuate

Thirty folks have fled for his or her lives after a suspected lithium-ion e-bike battery burst into flames at a high-rise condominium complicated in Sydney’s south.

NSW Hearth and Rescue crews from Arncliffe and close by Marrickville raced to the blaze on the Arncliffe St complicated in Wolli Creek on Saturday at 6pm.

Investigators consider a defective lithium-ion battery was chargeable for the e-bike hearth, which broke out on the seventh ground.

The battery was on cost when it burst into flames, FRNSW stated, setting hearth to a mattress.

Thirty residents rushed out of their items to security and paramedics handled a 30-year-old girl for smoke inhalation.

The battery hearth is the second severe battery blaze to strike Sydney this month after a battery exploded at a backpackers’ hostel in Kings Cross on October 4.

FRNSW deployed 22 firefighters and 6 hearth vans to Darlinghurst Rd to battle the blaze.

CCTV reveals two French nationals on the Mad Monkey Downtown Backpackers leaving their room right into a hallway at 9.08am when a fireball abruptly explodes by way of the doorway.

Emergency personnel evacuated one other 70 folks from the constructing, whereas the encompassing streets had been shut down for the response.

FRNSW has warned that lithium-ion batteries are a fast-growing hearth threat and advises residents to by no means sleep or go away residence with lithium battery-powered gadgets charging or go away them charging always.

“Don’t go away gadgets charging on beds, sofas or round extremely flammable supplies,” FRNSW stated after the Wolli Creek hearth.

“Attempt to cost gadgets outdoors if potential.”

Learn associated matters:Sydney

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *